Hen & Chicks
This also known as a “Purple Beauty” has appropriately, dark purple leaves tinged with green centres depending on how much sun it gets. These guys are extremely easy to propagate - I’ve already pulled out a lot of “chicks” because this was getting so incredibly crowded.
DIY Moss Terrarium
Moss or other small plants
Optional larger rocks for decoration
1. Choose an open or closed top glass container. Old pickle or sauce jars work great.
2. Create a false drainage system for the plant roots by adding a 1-inch thick layer of small pebbles.
3. Add a thin layer of activated charcoal. You can purchase this at a pet store. The charcoal will help keep the water fresh and will help prevent mold and bacteria build-up.
4. Add a layer of soil. You can use potting soil, we used soil from our yard.
5. Place your plants in the terrarium. Use a bamboo skewer to make small holes, and place different types of moss in the jar, starting with larger plants near the back. We used a few nice rocks for decoration.